What is the story and technology behind "Never Loses Suction"?
Never Loses Suction is an advanced cyclonic technology that separates fine dirt from the air, preventing dirt from clogging the filters and keeping suction power strong over time. The Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro maintains its suction power so you never lose cleaning power.
Why is the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away™ Pro better than traditional vacuums?
The Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro offers a superior cleaning experience with advanced Never Loses Suction technology in an ultra-lightweight and steerable upright vacuum. This combined with a unique portable canister feature that 'lifts away' and premium accessories to clean every surface of your home quickly and easily. Plus, with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal - technology that traps over 99.99% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum - and only now available for under $200.
What are lifetime belt and filters?
These filters and belt are designed to last the life of the product and are covered under normal use for the 5 year warranty period.
"Lifetime Belt" - Shark® Navigator's intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wear if you block the brushroll with a large object such as a sock or carpet edge. Simply turn off the power, remove the obstruction, and then return to vacuuming - with no belt maintenance or replacement costs to worry about!
What is the Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment?
"Lifetime Filters" - Shark® Navigator's filter system will last the life of your vacuum, with minimal maintenance and no replacement costs required. Your filters will discolor over time but will not lose their effectiveness.
The Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment is a one-step, dry floor cleaning system that uses powerful Navigator™ suction to vacuum up the debris you can see and a microfiber pad that wipes away the extra fine dust you can't see. It will leave your bare floors so clean, your white socks will stay white and you'll never want to use a broom or dry mop again. The Dust-Away™ attachment comes with a washable microfiber pad that can be used and re-used.
What is included with the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro vacuum?
Are there additional accessories that can be used with the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro?
- Lift-Away Canister
- Motorized floor brush
- Handle with hose
- Extension wand
- Tool holder - for quick access to tools when vacuuming around the house
- HEPA filter with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology™ - traps and seals over 99.99% of dirt and allergens inside the vacuum
Cleaning accessories may include a combination of the following depending on the version you purchased. To find out specifically what is in your version, consult your instruction manual.
- Crevice tool(s) - perfect for reaching deep into narrow spaces like between couch cushions, under radiators and baseboards and in hard-to-reach crevices and corners.
- Dusting brush - features soft bristles that can clean everything from shelves and window blinds, to fabric lamp shades and furniture
- Turbo brush -great at lifting ground-in dirt and pet hair from carpeted stairs and upholstery
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment with micro-fiber pad - vacuums and dusts your bare floors in one easy step
- Accessory storage bag - for storage of all your vacuum accessories - available on certain models only
Where can I purchase the Navigator™ Lift-Away®?
There are additional, specialized tools available for purchase on Sharkclean.com.
- Bare Floor Nozzle - great for picking up large piles of debris such as dog kibble
- Hard Surface Cleaning Kit - includes a premium, natural horsehair brush and extension wand for turning your vacuum into a powerful dusting brush. Horsehair bristles are gentle enough to clean dust and dirt from the most delicate of surfaces and brush features a notched design to allow larger particles to get sucked up along with the finest dirt particles. Brush can be used directly on the end of the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® handle for cleaning tabletops or shelves or at the end of the extension wand for cleaning floors or high up areas such as cobwebs from vaulted ceilings and crown moldings.
- Dusting Kit - a dusting mop and vacuum in one. It includes a dusting head with a removable microfiber pad and extension wand which connect on to the handle of the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away®. The duster is the perfect way to capture and remove small debris from all those hard to reach areas such as around table legs and chairs and its swiveling head makes it easy to maneuver on hard surfaces such as wood floors, ceramic tile and stone floors. The duster is also ideal for dusting high areas such as light fixtures, the tops of furniture, ceiling fan paddles, blinds, etc. The removable microfiber pad is made of durable polyester and is designed to last through many washings. Cleaning the pad is easy - simply pull the Velcro pad away from the duster head and wash pad by hand or in washing machine.
Note: Do not use bleach or fabric softeners on the dusting pad as this can degrade the material over time and shorten the life of the dusting pad.
- Car Detailing Kit - a complete set of micro tools perfect for any detailing project. The converters and tube fit directly on to the end of the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® handle. Included are mini dusting brushes and a crevice tool for cleaning any hard to reach area including mini blinds, car vents, keyboards, etc. Plus, it comes with mini straight and angled extension wands for extending your reach into the tightest, most awkward spaces.
- Backsaver Kit - includes an innovative, back-saving bendable wand to clean under low furniture and household appliances so you never have to bend down to clean. The BackSaver Wand connects the handle of the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® vacuum with the bare floor nozzle and is simply activated with the push of a button. The powerful suction and low-profile bare floor nozzle makes for fast and easy pickup of dust and debris underneath furniture.Note: The BackSaver Wand can be used with the Motorized Floor Brush Nozzle; however the rotating brush will not spin in the BackSaver mode.
The Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® is available on this website, through Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398, or at any one of our retail partners across the US. Also available are replacement parts and other accessories.
Where can I purchase additional accessories or replacement parts?
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories on this website or through customer service at 1-800-798-7398.
What is the Warranty Coverage?
EURO-PRO Operating LLC warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of (5) years from the date of the original purchase, when utilized for normal household use, subject to the following conditions, exclusions and exceptions.
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, return the complete appliance and accessories, freight prepaid. Return contact details are included in the Instruction Booklet shipped with the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro as well as on the product website SharkClean.com.
Using the Vacuum+
How do I turn the power on?
Turn the power switch to position "I" for bare floors and cleaning with the hose or position "II" for brushroll on carpets. The "O" position is off. You may move the power switch from "II" to "I" position to disengage the brushroll.
When should I use the "Bare Floor" setting?
Use the bare floor setting when you are on delicate carpets or hard floor surfaces. It is also the setting to use for cleaning above floors with the hose.
When should I use the "brushroll" setting?
Use the brushroll setting when you want to deep clean your carpets as well as when you want to pick up hair, pet fur, and fibers.
How do I remove the handle to clean "above floors"?
Press the red handle release button on the backside of the hanlde, gently pull up to remove from extension wand, add desired tool and begin cleaning.
How do I remove the handle with extension wand to clean "above floors"?
Remove cord from cord clip first, then press the extension wand release button half-way down the backbone of the vacuum, gently pull up on top to remove wand, add desired tool to end of wand and begin cleaning.
How do I detach the canister for portable "above floor" cleaning?
This cleaning mode allows you to use your vacuum anywhere. From upright vacuum mode, first remove the cord from cord clip, depress the red floor nozzle release button on bottom side of canister, gently step on floor nozzle as you hold the handle on top of the canister and lift it away. Next, remove the handle or handle with extension wand, add desired tool onto the end and begin cleaning. Hold the handle in one hand to clean while you carry the lightweight canister around the house with the other hand.
How do I assemble the micro-fiber pad to the Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment?
To assemble your Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment, first place the pad fluffy side out across the bottom of the tool and wrap the tabs up and around to the top and secure with velcro. For best results, you'll want to make sure the pad is stretched tight and flat across the bottom surface and attached securely.
How do I use the Dust-Away™ attachment to clean bare floors?
To begin cleaning with your Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment, you must first be in portable canister mode. Remove the handle with extension wand from the canister and attach the Dust-Away hard floor tool with micro-fiber pad to the end of the wand until you hear the two pieces click into place. Detach the canister by pressing the red floor nozzle release button on bottom side of canister, gently step on floor nozzle as you hold the handle on top of the canister and lift it away. This attachment works well at picking up the finest of dust on all bare floors including wood floors, tiles, linoleum. Note that the floors should be dry before beginning.
What is suction release and when should I adjust it?
Due to the tremendous suction of the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro vacuum, the suction release feature has been added to allow you to adjust the amount of suction to optimize cleaning on certain surfaces. This feature should be used for cleaning certain high pile carpets and area rugs, rugs with fringe, or when cleaning delicate fabrics such as curtains with your dusting brush. To release the suction, simply turn the collar around the handle counterclockwise to open and alleviate just enough suction to do the task at hand while still getting your home clean. To close again for maximum suction, simply turn the collar clockwise.
Which tools store on board the Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro?
The Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® Pro was designed to hold the shorter crevice tool and dusting brush on board the vacuum so you have quick access to these at your fingertips. A specially designed accessory tool holder keeps these on the extension wand of the vacuum.
How do I attach the accessory tool holder and store the on-board tools?
With the handle removed from the extension wand, align the rib on the top back of the extension wand with the groove on the accessory holder and slide the accessory holder over the extension wand. Press down and turn counterclockwise until it locks in place. Install the handle back on the extension wand. Install the dusting brush on the top post of the accessory holder, and then slide the shorter crevice tool up onto the bottom post below the dusting brush.
Where do I store the other tools?
The turbo brush and long crevice tool can be stored in the accessory bag which may be included with this unit. The Dust-Away™ nozzle and deluxe attachments can also be stored inside this accessory bag to allow you to keep all your tools together for added convenience.
How do I remove the dust cup?
To remove the dust cup, undo the latches on the sides of the dust cup by lifting them up and outwards. Pull dust cup up and away from the motor housing.
How do I empty the dust cup?
Note: The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when the dust cup appears full.
Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the
trash and press the top door release button. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
How often do I empty the dust cup?
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when the dirt reaches the MAX FILL line.
How often should I wash the filters?
How do I wash the pre-motor filters?
For optimal performance, it is recommended to clean filters your regularly. Between washings, your filter can be tapped clean to knock any excess dust and other particles into the waste basket.
- Pre-Motor Foam Filter: Under normal usage, rinse and let air dry completely (for 24 hours) every 3 months.
- Pre-Motor Felt Filter: Under normal usage rinse and let air dry completely (for 24 hours) every 3 months.
- Post-Motor HEPA filter: Under normal usage, rinse and air dry once every 2 years or as needed.
Remove the dust cup andpull the 2 filters out from the top of the motor housing. , Rinse the filters thoroughly in lukewarm water until it runs clear, squeeze out excess water and let air-dry for at least 24 hours before replacing. Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine. To replace, put the felt filter in first, then add the foam filter.
How do I clean the post-motor HEPA filters?
Remove the filter cover from the front of the vacuum by pulling up on the tab and pulling the cover away from the vacuum. Take out the HEPA filter by pulling it straight out, turn the filter over so that the dirty side is on the bottom and vigorously tap it clean against a trash can to remove any dust. Wash the filter under the tap using lukewarm water with the dirty side face down until the water runs clear. Allow the filter to air dry for 24 hours. Once the HEPA filter is dry, replace it back into the vacuum, and then replace the cover by inserting the two tabs into the holes at the top and then swinging the cover down until it clicks into place.
How do I know when the filters need to be cleaned?
Vacuum is not picking up dirt, or airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction.
My vacuum does not turn on.
How do I Reset the Motor Thermostat?
- Check to see if plugged in properly.
- Check circuit breaker/fuse.
- Check On/Off switch.
- If vacuum still does not run, see Resetting the Motor Thermostat.
My vacuum is not picking up dirt
To reset the Motor Thermostat:
- Move the power switch to the "O" (off) position.
- Unplug the vacuum.
- Check for clogged hose or filter; unclog hose and replace filter. Refer to Checking for Blockages.
- Wait 45 minutes for vacuum to cool; then plug in the vacuum.
- Turn the power switch to the "I - On" position to start the vacuum.
Note: If vacuum still does not start, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
My vacuum pushes scatter rugs (lightweight, movable rugs) or is difficult to push/pull in brushroll setting.
- Check and clean the dust cup.
- Check and clean the foam filters.
- If the Dust cup and Filter don't require cleaning, check for blockages, see Checking for Blockages.
What can I do if my Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment is hard to push/pull on tile floors?
- Move power switch setting to position "I" (suction only) to disengage the brushroll.
- Open the suction release
My brushroll does not turn on.
- Check that no debris is embedded on the underside of the pad.
- Ensure that the pad is completely dry as any moisture will make it difficult to push and pull.
- Lower the handle slightly and continue to vacuum your tile floors.
My vacuum turns off on its own.
- Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the handle is tilted back.
- Select position II (brushroll setting) on power switch.
- If red light is illuminated on the floor power nozzle, see Checking for Blockages.
- Remove any excess hair that has wrapped around the brushroll. Carefully cut anything wound around the rotating brush with scissors. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
- Check that the nozzle release button is locked in place making the electrical connection complete.
NOTE: In canister mode, the brushroll will not turn on.
My vacuums' airflow is restricted.
Motor Thermostat needs to be reset; see Resetting the Motor Thermostat.
How to check for blockages?
- Check for blockages; see Checking for Blockages in Instruction Manual.
- Check attachments for suction strength; clear blockages, as required.
- Clean the dust cup and the filters.
Dust cup Air Duct:
- Stand vacuum into upright position.
- Remove dust cup assembly and empty dust cup, if necessary.
- Disconnect the super stretch hose.
- Check air duct behind dust cup for clogs; clear before replacing dust cup assembly.
Intake Opening behind the brushroll:
- Lay the vacuum flat to expose brushroll.
- Check opening behind the brushroll for clogs.
- Clear the opening.
- Clear the brushroll; use scissors to carefully cut away threads, hair or other debris that might be trapped in the bristles.
Floor Power Nozzle Hose Connector:
- Lay vacuum flat.
- Remove nozzle hose and check for clogs.
- Push the hose connector back onto the floor power nozzle.
- Stand vacuum upright.
- Remove hose from both the unit and cleaning wand end.
- Inspect both ends and the length of the hose for clogs.
- Return the hose to the unit.